Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

FOB battery needs recharging. Does it recharge in the glovebox

Customer Question

FOB battery needs recharging. Does it recharge in the glovebox slot? Must vehicle be running? How long should full charging take? Can I operate the vehicle with my second FOB while leaving the discharged one in the glovebox?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Yes, the car starts when the FOB is inserted in the glovebox slot.
JA: Glad to hear that.
Customer: So can you answer my questions?
JA: How old is the battery?
Customer: The battery in this FOB came with the car which was purchased four years ago.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Kia Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Usually when the battery becomes weak in the fob the battery itself needs replaced to correct this issue here.The battery or in some cases batteries as some have more then one can be obtained at a local parts store for fairly cheap.If you can post the year and model of this vehicle here I can see if there is any recharge procedure at all for this. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete