Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Name is, Having a knocking noise issue. Thought it was bent

Customer Question
Hi, name is***** a knocking...
Hi, name is***** a knocking noise issue. Thought it was bent pushrod or broken Piston rod, but eliminated both of those'
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Erratic hammering sound when the engine is running. Louder under load and higher RPM, softer at cruise or idle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2016
Kia Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year make model and engine of it please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2001 Kia Sportage, 2.0 liter engine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just looking for something more to check that may cause that kind of sound from the engine, have checked my 2 most likely culprits

I see, thanks. They did have a bulletin out for a knocking noise when using after market oil filters. but not under a load. It sounds like it could very well be a lower end knock, (crankshaft bearing). Have you taken out any of the rods or mains?

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician