Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2007 Serrino. The buzzer/beeper is always on when…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Serrino. The buzzer/beeper is always on when the car in in motion. All the doors, hatches, seat belts are fastened/closed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The beeper is always on when the car is in motion IE> over 5KM/Hr.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Checked wiring harness, fuses,o help I have only found one connector next to the steering cloumb in the engine compartment which is not connected Female size and has only ~ 2-4 slots for connection. I could find NO accomidate the socket it is dlrectely under the fuel filter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?

Yes is there a fuse to disable the beper and which one if so. or some other lelss complicated fix?

Mechanic's Assistant: Our top Kia Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Kia Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Kia Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The beeper/buzzer at first was intermetit, sometimes when turning left and off when turning right, somtimes when on a bumpy road but now continiously on
I have not had any responses to my question relating to the beeping/buzzing that is continiously when moving 5+ KM/HR
3/24/2016
Kia Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician  replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The chime circuit is incorporated into the body control module and can not be disabled. There are several system that can cause it to sound and in most cases its due to a fault someplace in the system. In order to be able to determine what is causing it to sound you are going to need to start with with scanning the body control module to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with he fault codes I will see if I can help you with this.

Thanks you for your response: However the car and I are in southern Patagonia Chile, there is NO KIA dealer or service area that sports a diagnostic facility. The beeping was eliminated by removing #20 fuse in the inside fuse panel; OF COURSE this also effects the electric windows and door locks, but wife and i are for the moment dealing with no windows instead of continious beeping which after a few minutes can splinter ones patience and "Calm nature". but thanks for the advice, even after three local ~mechanics sort of rolled their eyes at the problem a fuse and now window access is a cheap solutin

Okay you at least have silenced the beeper and if you can live with no window until you can get it someplace to have it scanned then you okay for now. If you are able to get the scan done and need my help let me know and we can work from there. Thank you as well.