Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

WE REPLACED THE VARIABLE VALVE TIMING SENSOR ON MY 2007 KIA…

Customer Question
HI, WE REPLACED THE VARIABLE VALVE...
HI,
WE REPLACED THE VARIABLE VALVE TIMING SENSOR ON MY 2007 KIA SEDONA VAN AND NOW IT WONT START. WHEN CRANKING IT LOSES POWER TO THE INJECTORS
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
3/23/2016
Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago
thomas hill

hi my name is ***** ***** the sensor you replaced where is it located i so we are on the same page.

Hi Tom
The sensor is In the cylinder head.
it does
Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

did you replace the ones under the valve cover or the ones under the intake

Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

I'm thinking you may have forgot to plug in one of the connectors the oil control valves you replaced should not of stopped the engine from starting

I think it was under the valve covers I'm asking now
It was under the valve covers
They are saying they have checked it 4 times? Any other ideas?
Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

are you getting any codes?

No codes
Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

can you check fuel pressure?

Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

this engine is good at not starting it will even start with the crank sensor unplugged it uses the cam sensors so if you have no codes and won't start then I'm thinking fuel or a fuse

It has power to pump and good fuel pressure I'm told but they are finding when trying to start it loses power to the injectors?
Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

have you guys checked the fuses?

Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

the engine is a 3.8l right?

3.8 and they said they did?
Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

when you turn the ignition to just the on position does the check engine light light up?

Kia Mechanic: thomas hill,
 replied 2 years ago

and when the engine is cranking is there a light that come on that looks like a car with a key in the middle of it

That I will need to check hold on