rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My Kia will crank but won't start, When I push the start

Customer Question

My Kia will crank but won't start
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I push the start button the engine will turn over but not start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bypass. Hold start for ten seconds with the same results. Also put fob in console. Still same
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

You need to check for spark at the plugs and check your fuel pressure with a gauge. One of those is missing.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to check if the crank sensor is bad?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Yes, with a lab scope. See attachment.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.