Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2003 kia optima 4 cylinder with a crank no start.

Customer Question
Hello. I have a 2003...
Hello. I have a 2003 kia optima 4 cylinder with a crank no start. It's wouldn't start only crank no start I tried starting fluids nothing. I checked for spark and it's not getting anything. I checked for codes and I for a p0335 which I think it said crank position sensor circuit. So I cleared the codes and it started fine. But after a while like 10min. It started running rough so I shut it off and it went back to the crank no start. I suspect a crank sensor or a TDC sensor but am really low on cash and can't afford a shop nor to spend money on un needed parts please help thanks. Please also tell me the location of the crank sensor it's is under the starter or inside with the timing belt
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
3/9/2016
Kia Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

hello

to get that code and have the no start situation then its very likely to be a faulty crank speed sensor

this is tucked away under the timing belt cover

and there's also a cam position sensor on the end of the cylinder head which can also effect starting

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer