Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2009 kia sportage and need to replace the drivers…

Customer Question
i have a 2009 kia...
i have a 2009 kia sportage and need to replace the drivers side headlight light bulb. removed the two screws but cannot seem to get the headlight out...is there something i am missing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
3/7/2016
Kia Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Here is the instructions on head light removal to access and replace the bulb.If you can access the bulb without removing the headlight this would be easier but if not follow this procedure:

1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal. 2. Loose the fastener of radiator grill cover (A) and the mounting bolts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko1z518bhxev3lf/h-03-07.gif?dl=0

3. Remove the mounting bar (B) by pulling up after raising the radiator grill cover (A).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cbg5dk42joc43v/he-03-07.gif?dl=0

4. Remove the head lamp assembly after disconnecting the lamp connector. NOTE: Take care that holding clip (A) is not to be damaged.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zce4hydcs0n3pe1/hea-03-07.gif?dl=0

5. Installation is the reverse of removal.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete