Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

I am having shifting issues and speedo problems with 2006

Customer Question

I am having shifting issues and speedo problems with 2006 Optima 2.7 automatic. Codes indicated bad speed sensor so both were replaced with no effect. I discovered loose ground that appeared to be coming from speed sensor located on left front strut housing. After cleaning and tightening my speedo works but still hard shifts and wo,t shift beyond 3rd. I now discover no continuity in ATM fuse in panel in the engine compartment. Is that where my transmission issues are coming from?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am having shifting issues and speedo problems with 2006 Optima 2.7 automatic. Codes indicated bad speed sensor so both were replaced with no effect. I discovered loose ground that appeared to be coming from speed sensor located on left front strut housing. After cleaning and tightening my speedo works but still hard shifts and wo,t shift beyond 3rd. I now discover no continuity in ATM fuse in panel in the engine compartment.
JA: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Kia Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Please don't get upset, but since we never know what's on our customers mind when they post their requests, we need to ask questions that might seem unnecessary:

When you post "no continuity in ATM fuse", we would understand that to mean an open circuit, in this case a blown or burnt fuse. Is that what you mean?

Also, codes don't necessarily indicate a component is bad. What they do tell us is that a specific circuit is out of parameters. Can you tell us what those code numbers were?