Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

2006 Kia Sorento just blows warm air. Mechanic says the

Customer Question

2006 Kia Sorento just blows warm air. Mechanic says the switch is not going on so car needs new compressor. He says you can't just buy a switch, and says it's connected to the compressor. It sounds like he is not being truthful. Do you know if this is true?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The air just stopped blowing cold and just seems to be blowing outside air.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is the field coil assembly that engages the clutch on the ac compressor this can be replaced separately.Kia has released a bulletin on if this coil fails that it can be replaced separately.If you can tell me for sure which switch this is I can look it up to be sure.The bulletin for the filed coil is KT2007081504.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete