Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2007 kia amanti. The fan comes on but its just cold…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 kia...
I have a 2007 kia amanti. The fan comes on but its just cold air that comes out, no heat. What could be the problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
3/2/2016
Kia Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Do you know if the cooling system is full?

.

Does the engine get up to operating temp?

the cooling system is full the engine does get up to operating temperature

I see, thanks. If the engine is up to temp and the system is full, (thermostat working correctly) it is a good possibility that the in car temp sensor is bad.

.

The sensor contains a thermistor which measures the temperature of the inside. The signal decided by the resistance value which changes in accordance with perceived inside temperature, is delivered to heater control unit and according to this signal the control unit regulates in car temperature to intended value.

.

You will want to check the temp sensor.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the replacement and test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

How large?

It's hard to say exactly until it is created but they average around 300 to 500 kB's. That does include any instructions to get it out and/or replace it, thanks