Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

My key is only going halfway into the ignition so i cant…

Customer Question
Hi. My key is...

Hi. My key is only going halfway into the ignition so i cant turn it

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I have to leave for work and cant get key in

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Kia Mechanic should be aware of about your Kia?

No problems, just the key

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
3/2/2016
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Andrew Martin

Try moving the steering wheel left and right and putting the key in while moving it. Is this the first time it has been difficult and have you ever had trouble taking it out?