Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Car won't start had alternator replaced yesterday and it…

Customer Question
Car won't start had...

Car won't start had alternator replaced yesterday and it started clicking like the starter but mechanic said to just let the computer adjust just hit the start button. Few times and it will correct it self and yes it started this morning just a little click but won't start Kia Optima 2013 never had a problem with car 95,000 ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Car won't start

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
3/1/2016
Kia Mechanic: internal88, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
internal88
internal88, Auto Mechanic

Hello, I'm Brandon - Kia tech.

The car does not adjust itself? If the engine did not even crank then the starter motor is the problem. This is the problem.

Just make sure the battery is fully charged. If the battery is OK then it is the problem of the starter. The job should be around $300-400.

Please rate me positive, thank you!

Is it possible for both alternator and starter to go out together/
/ the alternator was definitely not working and making a noise like bearing bad that went away

Yes, the starter can go at the same time. Just make sure the battery terminal and the battery itself is good. It should be at 12.6 V.