Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2006 Kia sedona with engine noise at start up. KIA Sedona,

Customer Question
2006 Kia sedona with...

2006 Kia sedona with engine noise at start up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.

KIA Sedona

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Engine makes a rattling noise at start up

Mechanic's Assistant: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing, just starting to do research. what I have read so far is that the timing chain tensioner can cause this

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/29/2016
Kia Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Does it do it after sitting for more than 4 hours?

.

Does the sound last for longer than a few seconds?

..

Does the oil pressure seem to come right up?