Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

2006 Kia sedona with engine noise at start up. KIA Sedona,

Customer Question
2006 Kia sedona with engine...
2006 Kia sedona with engine noise at start up.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: KIA Sedona
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: engine makes a rattling noise at start up
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, just starting to do research. what I have read so far is that the timing chain tensioner can cause this
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Kia
2/29/2016
Kia Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Does it do it after sitting for more than 4 hours?

.

Does the sound last for longer than a few seconds?

..

Does the oil pressure seem to come right up?

Kiatech
Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician