Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I changed my spark plugs on 2005 sedona and now the van wont…

Customer Question
Hi i changed my spark...
Hi i changed my spark plugs on 2005 sedona and now the van wont crank. Its turning over good but not cranking. Any thoughts??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/29/2016
Kia Mechanic: fix it man, Master Technician  replied 2 years ago
fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the spark plugs were all that was changed? Was the vehicle running fine prior to changing them?

just plugs and wires. I have done it before with no problem. Yes it was running before. It turns over fine. I sprayed some starter fluid in it and it almost started.

Thank you. It sounds like something is not hooked up correctly. Most of the time this is caused by something being hit or disconnected like the crank sensor wiring. Does the rpm gauge show a reading when cranking the engine?

I checked all connections. All seam to be good. The rpm gauge does not move when cranking. Should i here the fuel pump prime on this van. I here it on my other cars.
My obd tool says linking error

Yes, you should. If there is no link I would start by checking the fuses under the hood. You may have a blown fuse.

The fuses are fine but some did not light up with test light(injection,o2,fuel)and a few others in the same row.

Can you tell me which other ones did not. I am going to check my wiring diagrams to see if something else is occurring.

Injector O2(dn) O2(up) (ecu)
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

These fuses should get power directly from the battery. Are the cables at the battery clean and tight?