Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2006 Kia Sorento and when I try to switch my

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Kia Sorento and when I try to switch my temperature from cool to heat, it remains at cool. it did this for several days then I got it to switch to heat and now it won't switch to cool.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Kia. The Kia Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes. I believe the bleand door actuator is sticking or faulty

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Just locating the the actuator. going to test voltage and check for debries in the door, then check the control

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/29/2016
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Do you have auto or manual climate control?

Are you planning to diagnose and fix this yourself?

Do you own a volt meter and know how to use it?

The 2 likely causes are the blend door actuator and the HVAC control.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris