Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I can't get the back hatch of my 07 sportage to open, I just…

Customer Question
Hi ***** ***** I...

Hi ***** ***** I can't get the back hatch of my 07 sportage to open

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I just bought the car the other day and when I unlock the doors with the internal lock or use the key for the back hatch it stays stuck

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/28/2016
Kia Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the liftgate won't open it may be a mechanical issue, electrical, it may be the latch itself. It's possible that the latch simply isn't being released, the liftgate or striker may be out of adjustment and the latch is bound up, or there may be something foreign closed in it preventing it from releasing correctly.

Did it work for you at any time?

Is it a power liftgate or manual?

Do you hear anything when trying to open it?