Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The starter was replaced by a new one two months later the…

Customer Question
The starter was replaced...

The starter was replaced by a new one two months later the car don't start. Imy mechanic do something and start again but two months later and then 4 month later the same

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your two?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The Kia Mechanic can help you with your '06 two. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Last time he told me something about a relay but now i'm don't trust him

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Well, it depends

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Kia Mechanic now?

This is going to cost me?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/26/2016
Kia Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician  replied 2 years ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, did the mechanic mention what he did? Was it a new or remnufactured starter?

it supposed to be a new one, but I don't know

Thanks, ***** ***** of the remanufactured ones carry a lifetime warranty but also fail in the span of a few months is why I mentioned it.

He either may be replacing the failed unit or tightening loose connections. If the conections are loosening he needs to use the factory type locking washers (which often don't get put back on) or blue loctite.

there are relay or fuse that can be replaced ? right now the car is full of battery but when I turn they key nothing happened

What model is you 2006 KIA? I'll pull the diagram for you on what to check

2006 lx

Is it a Rio, amanti, sedona etc?

Sorry Is A sedona., I tough I mentioned

Thanks, ***** ***** a couple of fuses to check

Key SW #2 30 amp in the underhood fuse box

Start 7.5 amp Instrument panel fuse box

Also the start relay and burgler alarm relay (if equipped)

I'll post a wiring diagram below. Do you happen to have a test lgiht or volt meter available if it is not the fuses/relay to do some testing?

I have a tester but without battery so I think I will check this tomorrow during the day. How can test the relay?

Easiest way to test the relay is swap it with the horn relay. I'll be around tommorrow if you need further help

THANKS.

You're welcome