Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2009 Kia Borrego. All of the electrics have shut down.

Customer Question
Battery tests good. Something failed...
2009 Kia Borrego. All of the electrics have shut down. Battery tests good. Something failed in the immobilzer system?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/24/2016
Kia Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

If the security light is either blinking on and off or staying on longer than 10 seconds, then it is an immobilizer fault. If not, then there is another issue. I need to know if any electrical accessories work - radio, lights, blinkers, etc. Also, I will need the vin number to pull any needed wiring diagrams