Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

My daughter and her husband have a 2009 Kia Borrego EX 3.8

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband have a 2009 Kia Borrego EX 3.8 engine 83 k miles. Tuesday in icy conditions she applied parking brake with extra strength to make sure it held. When released all idiot lights stayed on and reverse does not work and engine shuts off after short drive. No reverse and high gear only for a short while before shutting down. Code reader showed the following codes. Please just tell me if They're screwed based on the model and year as it sound like this was a very bad model for Kia
P0700
U0100
U0703
U0001
U0101
U0001
Dealer tells her could be a computer $8,000 part which is bull. Kia dealers don't want to work on the Borrego model?? What don't we know that they know. They bought it 13 months ago and are upside down on the vehicle owing 17K to the bank. Have any of you had any experience working on the transfer case, braking system etc. Sounds to me like a wire got pinched, cut or corroded possibly when the parking brake was applied. I used to work on my own cars but am not as young as I was.
Category: Kia
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

what re they using for a scan tool? po700 is only saying there are more trans code... a good scan tool maybe required to pull all the tranny codes... But yes from the sounds of it the tranny likely is done and would most likely require replacement