Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

WHAT CAUSES THE DOWNHILL BRAKE CONTROL LIGHT ON A 2012 KIA…

Customer Question
WHAT CAUSES THE DOWNHILL BRAKE...
WHAT CAUSES THE DOWNHILL BRAKE CONTROL LIGHT ON A 2012 KIA SORENTO TO STAY ON ALL THE TIME
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/21/2016
Kia Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, most of the time, this is an issue with the transmission range switch. The DBC is used to keep vehicle speed constant and from accelerating and uses a signal from the transmission range switch for its function. This is a common failure causing the warning light to stay on. It would need to be confirmed by having the fault codes read with a scan tool and the transmission range switch tested with a scan tool.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?