Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2002 Kia Optima. I parked it went into a starter…

Customer Question
I have a 2002 Kia...
I have a 2002 Kia Optima. I parked it went into a starter rebuild shop to have my lawn mower starter rebuilt. I was in the shop less than 30 minutes. When I came out my car wouldn't start. No electrical function at all. No lights, no chimes, no power door locks no cranking nothing. The guys from the shop came out we replaced the battery cable ends still no help. I towed my car to the alarm shop and paid to have my after market alarm to be removed. Still no electrical power.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/18/2016
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Do you own a digital volt meter so we can do some electrical diag?

I am an auctioneer. I have sales from today until Saturday night. I will be back with you Monday. I am not sure I have a volt meter. But I will look.Thanks, Don

Sounds good Don.

Moose,I got it started. It was the anti theft devise. I went through the procedure of locking door twice and the starting car or something like that. It started but as soon as I turned it off it engaged the anti theft devise again. Can I disarm the anti theft?

This vehicles anti theft system can not be disabled.

Are you sure there is not an aftermarket alarm, immobilizer, or remote start?

With the key in the run position is the theft light on solid or flashing?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I already had a alarm shop remove the after market alarm.

Where is the theft light?

If you do not see the red theft light on the dash then its not on. Which means the anti theft system is not causing this issue.

Will the engine at least crank?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician