Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

A/c compressor doesn't work got no power to compressor no

Customer Question

a/c compressor doesn't work got no power to compressor no power at high pressure switch i have installed a new compressor and switch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: got voltage at evaporator sensor lites at a/c control unit lite up and cooling fans are running
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Kia Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we are going to need to know what model and year your Kia is. It will also be usefull to know what your static AC pressure is reading on the low and high sides. Post back with this information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The a/c pressures are good I just replace a/c compressor and pressure switch cooling fans work on low speed when a/c lite on control head is on this is a 2004 Kia spectra with a 2.0 engine auto transmission
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay so what model and year is your Kia?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 Kia spectra 2.0 engine
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

See the test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/compressor%20clutch%20Feb%2018.pdf