Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Failed inspecion brake not holding car. chilton does not…

Customer Question
Failed inspecion for park...

Failed inspecion for park brake not holding car. chilton does not make a manual. 2005 kia amanti.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just looking for location of adjustment for the cable

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/15/2016
Kia Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, you have to remove the rear wheels, then position the disc so the adjustment hole is down at bottom, You then insert a flat blade screwdriver to grab the teeth of the adjustment wheel, One link shows the hole to put screwdriver in, Then/. you may??? have to adjust parking cable,.That adjustment is under the center consol as shown in another link, I cant rmember if this model you can remove top consol trim to get to adjust OR the console is removed, 95% of the time by turning the star wheel through the holes in each rear brake disc is enough to regain a proper adjustment