Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2008 kia spectra. New battery fully charged but car will not…

Customer Question
2008 kia spectra. New...
2008 kia spectra. New battery fully charged but car will not start and has no power. When jumper cables is hooked up. Car beeps loudly like alarm is going off…
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/14/2016
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Andrew Martin

Hello, do you have any power in the vehicle without jumping it?

Have. No power
Can't rate you until I get an answer to my 1uestion.
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

What is your question? If you have no power then you need to test the battery

battery shows a full chargee but car will not start and alarm beeps loudly and will not stop until jumper cable is disconnected.
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Why are you connecting jumper cables if the battery is fully charged?

Just to see if it will start with cables attached.
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok, if the cables are not attached, do the lights on the dash come on and does the car crank over when you turn the key?

It just sets off the alarm and still I don't even get a click sound out of the engine.
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Do you have any kind of aftermarket alarm installed?

Nothing comes on when cables are attached or not attached. Have no power at all.
OK. I bought a new battery. When I connected both the positive and negative cables the alarm started beeping loudly, the dash lights all started flashing but the engine would not turn over. After leaving the positive cable only attached for sometime I touched the negative cable again. The alarm beeped once and then the car started. After several days of not starting the car the same thing is going on. Tried to attach cableJumper cables and the alarm is beeping and the car will not start.
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok. Do you have an aftermarket alarm installed?

No aftermarket equipment.
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Hook the battery up, put the key in the driver door and lock/unlock the door. The alarm should turn off and the car should start after the alarm disarms

Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.