sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2012 Kia Soul. A week ago, the controls stopped

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Kia Soul. A week ago, the controls stopped working for the heat and stuff. No lights, can't change the air direction, etc. then today the blower stopped working.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is almost surely an internal failure in the control head and will require it's replacement. If it had stopped working entirely, losing all functions at once then the problem has to be either the control head itself or a loss of power or ground to it.

What will need to be done is remove the control head and test it's powers and grounds as well as the communication bus voltages. If all is ok then the control head can be condemned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it an expensive fix?

Replacing the control head would run about $450 depending on vehicle build and local labor price.