Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

I have a 2009 Kia Rio that won't start I've change the

Customer Question
timing belt and the fuel...
I have a 2009 Kia Rio that won't start I've change the timing belt and the fuel pump all it does is turn over no start what should I check next
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/12/2016
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Andrew Martin

Hello, was this happening before you changed anything? Also, are you sure that the timing belt is lined up correctly and isn't off by a tooth or two?

Acts like it wants to start but don't
Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Alright, on the right front side of the engine, about halfway down there is a sensor with a 10mm bolt holding it down. Remove the bolt and sand down the area where the sensor attaches. Then clean the sensor and re-install it. Then see if the vehicle starts. I'll attach a picture to help you find it.

Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

You'll also have to remove the sensor by just pulling it out, sorry I wasn't more clear.

Kia Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.