Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Have a 2006 KIA Amante...it was running fine,then started it…

Customer Question
Have a 2006 KIA Amante...it...
Have a 2006 KIA Amante...it was running fine,then started it to go to work,and even pushing gas petal to floor, the RPMs wouldn't hardly go up and couldn't get over 20 mph?? Two days later, it went back to running fine. For 3 days, then getting out of work...it did the same thing...20 mph all the way home! Again set for a day, and back to normal!! afraid to drive now...what could it be?? Suggestions are catilitic converter or a "throttle box?"
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/3/2016
Kia Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light come on? Thanks.

it has ALOT of miles,and when my sister in law gave it to me the engine light was on...said it was checked and was something simple when she gave it to me....
HELLO???
Any ideas or no??

Does the check engine light ever flash?

no

Lets start by having diagnosic codes done, it sounds like the throttle body assembly has failed to me but the codes should give more information. You can have codes read at your local parts store for free. Let me know, thanks.

Ok...thanks! But will the code show while its working and running normal, or do I have to wait til it screws up on me again?LOL

If the light is on then there will be a code stored. Even if light is off the code is often stored in history so it is worth checking either way. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Ok...thank you!!

No problem, let me know what codes your getting when you get a chance to look. Thanks.