Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The ABS module has gone bad on my 2008 Kia Sportage with…

Customer Question
The ABS module has gone...
The ABS module has gone bad on my 2008 Kia Sportage with 79,000 miles. Is this worth the hefty part and repair price. Part is $2590 and that doesn't include labor.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
2/3/2016
Kia Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

Sometimes you can find good used ABS modules on e-bay for around $350. Labor should not exceed 2.5 hrs. So, if we look at labor being about $120/hr, we'd have a grand total of $710 plus taxes - far less than what you were quoted for parts alone.

Don't hesitate to shop around. There are many good independent mechanics out there that will do this job for you.

Best Regards.