Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

The Srs light still on. I change the driver module and the…

Customer Question
The Srs light still on...
The Srs light still on. I change the driver module and the airbag. Why still on?
B165200 Crash Recorded in Front - passenger side Air bags (replace SRSCM)
B16700 Crash Recorded in Full satge (Frontal- Replace SRSCM
B149000 PODS (Passenger occupant Detecting System)
Sensor (Bladder) Defect.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
1/31/2016
Kia Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

You changes the driver air bag and the air bag module, correct?

Was the vehicle actually in a collision with air bag deployment?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

if they were changed to the correct part numbers .
if it was a collision , but the module of the passenger or the belts were activated , only the driver module.

I forgot to ask what model vehicle this is?

Kia Rio 2013 no hatchback

Since the air bag light is still on after the repairs. We need to do the diag steps for these codes to see if there is circuit damage. Below are those steps. So far its looking like a bad or the wrong module was installed or correct programming was not done.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/Airbag.pdf

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris