Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2009 Kia borrego. Key comes out in the acc position but it

Customer Question

2009 Kia borrego. Key comes out in the acc position but it will not move out of the acc position. Can't move key forward or backward from the acc position so technically the car is still on because the radio turns on.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

This should be a faulty ignition lock cylinder in this case. Only the lock cylinder can prevent key turning ability and the fact the key can be installed and removed in the ACC position.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris