Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

2001 Kia Sportage 4dr 2wd. Replaced front rotors/pads and…

Customer Question
2001 Kia Sportage 4dr 2wd...
2001 Kia Sportage 4dr 2wd. Replaced front rotors/pads and right front caliper. I can't seem to bleed the brakes. Little or no fluid comes out of either front caliper... No pedal pressure...Caliper pistons are not moving. pads still loose... Is there anything special that needs to be done regarding the proportioning valve? What could be the issue?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
1/30/2016
Kia Mechanic: EricFromCT, Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician

Hi. Are the bleeders on the top or bottom of the calipers?

on the inner side above the brake line.
Is that what you need to know?

They should be on the top. So it sounds like they are on correctly.

There should be nothing you need to do with the valve or abs.

The brakes are split diagonally. So try bleeding all 4 wheels and you should be good.

OK. What is the sequence? RR, LR, RF, LF?
there's air all throughout the system?

Yeah. Really as long as you just keep going around until there is no air then it will work.

no pedal pressure at the start is normal?

If there is a lot of air. Have to try and work it out. Pump the pedal with the bleeders closed. Then apply pressure to pedal while someone opens bleeder. Then close bleeder then let pedal up. Keep doing that should work.

Hi. Have you made progress with bleeding? Let me know if you have more questions and please rate my service. Thank you.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician