Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Kia Sedona seat latch is stuck in closed position
, I…

Customer Question
Kia Sedona seat latch...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I had removed the seat last month, and when I try to put it back in, the back latch won't catch the bar on the floor of the car because the latch is in the closed position

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
1/29/2016
Kia Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician  replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you with your latch we need to know what model and year your Kia is. If you can post back with complete details I will look at the diagrams and see if we can determine the cause of the problem you are having.

Thanks, ***** ***** a 2007 Kia Sedona LX minivan. I have taken the plastic cover off the back of one of the rear catches on the seat (2nd row bucket set) to get a better look at it, but I still can't figure out how to get the catch back into the unlocked position so that it can latch on to the rear anchor in the minivan. Seems like it should flip around or something, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Well it come out of the lock position if you hold the release in the unlock position?

No, it remains in the locked position when I tried that.

Unfortunately I am not find any information on the latch assembly for the rear seat. I am going to open the post back up for you in hopes another may have the information you need. If the can help you they will respond.