Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Kia brake lights not working and esc fault coming on every…

Customer Question
Hello.... kia brake...

Hello.... kia brake lights not working and esc fault coming on every time the brakes are applied

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Esc was comming on once in a while... now comes on every time the brakes are applied

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
1/24/2016
Kia Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, first, I need to know the year and model of your KIA

serento... fault code says its brake light switch A the brake switch on the pedal ohms out fine

HI,

Ok, again, what year is yours?

And what is the exact fault code number?

08 dont know the fault code #...
reader already disconected... dont have it here.

HI,

Ok, there is an open recall on the brake light switch for your vehicle for these symptoms and the switch showing good resistance. If yours has not been replaced, this is the place to start since we know there is a known issue with them that resulted in a recall.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks