Kia

Kia troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic

Help KIA 2700 overheating Mechanic runs and des out the back…

Customer Question
Help KIA 2700 overheating...

Help KIA 2700 overheating Mechanic runs and hides out the back when he sees my vehicle coming. He has done the following: radiator removed and flushed, thermostat replaced twice, head replaced, water pump replaced, STILL OVERHEATING desperate mechanic and owner any ideas or suggestions?????????????

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

200k on speedo july 2004 build. Mostly light loaded country driving overheating explanation goes to operating temp then suddenly rises,perviously boiled but has not since repairs however dial displays boiling level hope this helps

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Kia Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure am thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
1/22/2016
Kia Mechanic: fix it man, Master Technician  replied 2 years ago
fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me when the engine actually overheats? What type of driving and how fast?

Small amount of driving in our local township but mostly country driving at 80 ks very lightly loaded with a bark canoe art work our terrain is flat and the temperature of the day was 30 Degrees C the truck is regularly serviced. Also parts replaced due to the overheating in addition to parts already listed plus viscous coupling fan hope this helps

Does it seem to get hotter when accelerating it when driving at slower speeds?

It heats when travelling usually when driving at 70 k plus

Thank you. From what you are describing it sounds like you have a head gasket that is starting to leak slightly. When this occurs some compression pressure can enter the cooling system and cause exactly what you are explaining. A block test needs to be performed to confirm if this is occurring before you go any further with it.

Hi there we have had the block tested and that was all good thats why we are at a loss and our mechanic is about to have a breakdown any other suggestions???

If it is only overheating at high speeds then chances are it is the head gasket or a crack in the head or block. Did he use a gas analyzer also to check for this?

he did but we are going to ask to have it done again andI will let you know the outcome
PS We will book the KIA into the mechanics tomorrow Wednesday !

Let me know what the result is when this is done.

fix it man
fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician