Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

We have a 2003 Kia spectra that acts like slow timing.

Customer Question

We have a 2003 Kia spectra that acts like slow timing. Replaced the head gasket and the timing belt.All marks line up. It is slow starting when cold.It cranks ok when hot.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fuel pressure tested with this issue at all here and if so was it found o.k.?

Was the fuel filter replaced?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pressure is 50psi and the filter was replaced.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Was the engine coolant temp sensor tested or replaced to see if it is faulty at all?If it is reading hot all of the time when the engine is cold it will lean out the fuel and cause a hard start as well as sluggish acceleration.

Let me know,thanks Pete.