fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL
1627031

My 2011 serento hesitated a few weeks ago and the rpm gauge

Customer Question

My 2011 serento hesitated a few weeks ago and the rpm gauge stopped working , vehicle would not go over 60 and recently it did the same thing and now check engine light came on....the first time that this happened I shut the vehicle off and when I started it the rpm gauge came back to normal and vehicle was fine but not it took place again.
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by an issue with the crank position sensor. When it stops reading the rpm gauge will do this and the vehicle will run like this. Most of the time the engine will also stall, but not always. If it is not the sensor then it may be an issue with the computer. Since the check engine light is on you should start by having the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts will do this for free. If you do this and bring me the codes I can tell you with more certainty what is going on.