Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

I have a 2010 Kia Rondo. The radio has locked up - can't

Customer Question
I have a 2010 Kia...
I have a 2010 Kia Rondo. The radio has locked up - can't change channels, adjust volume or turn off. The big problem is that even when I shut the car off the radio stays on. I know this will drain the battery.
Is there something I can do to reset it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
1/3/2016
Kia Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
This depends on which "Model" you have.
It is typically caused from a "Logic Circuit"
Reset is usually done by removing Radio & "completely" disconnecting the Radio for apprx 5 minutes, then reinstall.
IF Reset does not work, then the Unit needs Repaired
Here is removal of Radio
Click Attachment below

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic