K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

The door locks to my 2007 Sorento will not operate when the

Customer Question

The door locks to my 2007 Sorento will not operate when the car is turned off. Neither the key fob or the lock/unlock button will work if the car isn't running. Also, the digital clock and the automatic light shut off isn't working either. Is there a connection?
Category: Kia
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the locks and light control both share being controlled by the body control module. A shop could test the body control module (bcm) with their scan tool to determine if it's bad or the problem is elsewhere.

The digital clock is a fairly simple circuit with power for the memory, key on and a ground. If you'd like help troubleshooting the clock issue and have a multimeter I would be happy to walk you through that testing.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not end our conversation and follow up questions concerning this are free. Thanks!