Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

I have an 08 Kia Sorento, I have change out (2) O2 sensors

Customer Question
I have an 08 Kia...
I have an 08 Kia Sorento, I have change out (2) O2 sensors but my check engine light is still on. I took it back to Autozone, and they gave me Codes: P0113, P2098, and P0157. I need this light out in order to pass emissions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
12/7/2015
Kia Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy  replied 2 years ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

poi113 is a mass air flow code.. the 157 is a cose for the rear 02 s which did you replace?

I changed both rear sensors, 1 last year, 1 yesterday

u sure on the p2098 not showing that as a valid code

2098 was not a code, wrong car. But p0113, and p0157 were codes on there the read out for the kia

do you have a scan tool that can monitor live data?

No scan tool

is the other rear 02 under warranty? are they direct fit or universal?

Both direct fit, from my upstanding universal are not preferred

universals are junk that's why I asked... In order to confirm if the sensors are working a scan tool showing live data is required,, A scan tool capable of monitoring sensors can be expensive.. did you reset the light after changing?

No, how do you reset the light on this vehicle? However I did disconnect the battery in order to clean it, and the light went out momentarily. After about 70 miles it came back on.

with a scan tool or code reader like the auto pat store used.. so did you unhook the battery after replacing the 02 sensor ?

I believe so, should I try again and ride for about 50 or so and then try to have an emissions done
Also will it reset itself or how long do I have to ride before it will reset it self

generally 100 miles after reset.. I would buy a code reader that can check readiness status...they can be purchased for under 100 dollars

I can't purchase a scan tool until tomorrow, at that time I should have a 100 miles on it. If this does not work, will I be able to reach back out to you to resolve this issue

yes you can..

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Ok, I will reach back out tomorrow after I've done everything

ok hope you can rate me 5 stars..the question will still stay open

Ok

ty

john aka eauto
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy