EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

Humming noise from engine area

Customer Question

Humming noise from engine area
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. This humming noise is common to come from one of the pulleys on the front of the engine. If you could take the drive belt off and see if the noise goes away, that will help determine if one of the pulleys is making that noise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a female 67 so I don't think I can do this but I will ask technician to do that then what? Replace pully?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then yes, if it is determined that the noise goes away with the belt off, he will need to replace the noisey pulley.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hello? Do you have any further questions for me on this?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and please rate the service provided.