K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a 2005 Kia Amanti and it has no headlight washer

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Kia Amanti and it has no headlight washer system on it. Can I hookup the headlight washer lines to the windshield washer water lines and mount the spray units without installing a pump? Can the water be supplied from the windshield washer hoses and would this work?
Category: Kia
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Yes, this would work but with a few differences from factory. Setting it up like this would require that in order to make the headlamp washer work the windshield washer would work at the same time.

Also there may not be enoughh pressure from the single pump so mounting one inline going to the headlmaps would raise the pressure. You would ground the black wire on it to a good ground on the car and the positive wire would go to the red wire on the original washer motor.

I'll post a diagram below where a "T" would need to be installed in the line and the extra pump after the "T"

If there was enough room under the hood you could install an aftermarket resrrviour and pump assembly and wire it with a relay and toggle switch to work independently of the windshield wipers.

Link to inline pump

Link to aftermarket reservoir with pump

If you have any questions just reply back. If not, please take a moment to rate my service. Thanks!

Washer pump