Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2008 kia rondo...I need to move the drivers seat

Customer Question

I have a 2008 kia rondo...I need to move the drivers seat further back from the steering wheel to get my legs comfortable....What is involved to do this...With the seat back as far as the track allows it is too close to for my legs to stretch out..
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

I assume this is a manual seat and not power seat by your description, so I have attached the directions for removing it.

Because there are connectors to it for the seat belt restraint system, you will be limited by the wiring harness length unless you plan to splice in extra length of wiring for it, which if you do you need to solder all connections and battery MUST be disconnected.

Once out, you will need to measure the distance between the boltholes in the floor pan for the seat track, and drill new holes and thread them for the bolts and reinstall seat. I cant tell you where to drill the holes as I have no idea how much leg room you need. You have to figure that out by sitting the seat on the floor at different spots and seeing if that gives you the leg room you need, then mark it and drill the holes

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks