Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Changed left and right manifold with catalytic converter, O2

Customer Question
sensors, spark plugs and coils...
changed left and right manifold with catalytic converter, O2 sensors, spark plugs and coils, engine light is off but engine tremble. I do not know what else to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
10/27/2015
Kia Mechanic: Mike Kelly, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic

Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Where there codes for all of the items that you have changed?

after replaced those parts no more code. I replaced the left and right manifolds because they have particles moving inside and the scanner reported a misfire on piston number 1 and 5
I replace the spark plugs, the O2 sensors and the coils before the manifolds

Ok, have you performed a compression test or a cylinder leak down test on these cylinders?

no

Since the system is not setting any codes, this would need to be the next step. This issue sounds like the issue is mechanical with the engine.

the car is running strong but when is running from time to time fills like when you press the brake just a little and let it go
the engine light not supposed to be on if it a compression problem?

Yes, these vehicle had a common issue with the valves and valve seats leaking and causing this issue.

No low compression will normally not set a code.

okay, thank you

No problem, thank you.

you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating this question positive and I can still respond.

Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic