Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Ron. My service engine light came on today. It was parked

Customer Question
Hi Ron. My service...
Hi Ron. My service engine light came on today. It was parked differently than normal last night (on a slant), so I don't know if that could have caused a "shift" of fluids or something. Also, I keep hearing a weird knocking sound, like you would hear if you have bump in your tire..rotating sound. Not it doesn't happen all the time. I had the tires checked and rotated and they are fine. I had all the fluids checked when I had my oil changed. I'm not too thrilled about having my Kia in the shop for days. Any feedback or advise? Kia Sportage 2008. Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/23/2015
Kia Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The only clue we have right now is the light coming on, so we do have to check for codes. The dealer is NOT your only option either, you can get codes read for free at most parts stores.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor