Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

The fan in my 2007 Kia Spectra won't blow at all. Would work

Customer Question

The fan in my 2007 Kia Spectra won't blow at all. Would work intermittently and then stopped alltogether
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Randall 99% of the time? it will be the blower motor that failed, Not that uncommon on this make/model. The reason I say this is the HIGH speed is a different circuit and bypasses the resistor so,, if ALL speeds are out and fuse is ok? then suspect the blower. Sometimes? one can get under passenger dash . hit on the blower motor rather hard with small hammer etc. Do this with key ON, and blower on HIGH, many times if it is failing and stuck? doing this it will begin spinning again and at same time confirm that it is in fact bad,