Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

2006 Kia Optima (old style) air bag light will not

Customer Question
illuminate...
2006 Kia Optima (old style) air bag light will not illuminate
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
10/12/2015
Kia Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

check all your fuses with a test light to verify power. if no fuses are blown then the air bag module may have failed.

Roy

Passenger side fault was fixed but the light still will not come on
Could it be just a bad instrument panel ?

it could be. was anyone able to retrieve codes???

Roy

we are able to pull codes: 2, one was for the passenger-side we fix that fault. The other fault said for us to check fuses... All good and proper voltage is getting to them.

it is telling you that it is missing a power or the module is bad. I can get you a wiring diagram.

Roy

Ok
Ok, having a hard time reading (viewing) the diagrams. Will try on computer and not just my phone. One of the codes was B1406 which I believe was the passenger side fault

download to your computer and then you can enlarge

Roy

also... I discovered that someone (previous owner) had what appears to be a remote start installed. Cables with a plug were wired into the the ignition line (yellow) and the 12V constant (red). The plug end is not plugged into anything, and whatever it was plugged into (appears to have been just below steering column has been removed. As I stated in an earlier message, all the fuses for Airbag stuff are good and receiving voltage. could this leftover wiring be messing with the airbag stuff?

not likely if you confirmed power at both fuses as indicated in the wiring diagram.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

ok... will do... also, I downloaded the attachments on computer and still can not zoom in on them

try right clicking on the diagram and there should be a zoom feature.

Roy

I was able to buy a new instrument cluster and the light is now on full time. My mechanic believes we should be able to reset the airbag and have no issues (since we already got rid of the occupancy fault)... Thoughts?

did he check for any active codes????

Roy

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest