Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I'm having issues with a Kia Rio occasionally not starting.

Customer Question

Hi. I'm having issues with a Kia Rio occasionally not starting.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a no start no crank issue. And its not consistent. I've checked the battery and it has a full charge. I took it to a mechanic and he replaced the starter. It staredt fine for about a week and then nothing when we turned the key. Its a manual transmission so we pushed started it and drove it home. It then started fine for about another week. Then once again it would not start. I waited a day and it wouldn't start.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here

When the car will not start take your 12 volt test light and or volt meter and see if you have key on cranking power in and out of the clutch pedal position switch with the clutch depressed. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. I have enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for reference . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Start%20circuit%20Sept%2020.pdf