Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2005 Kia Sedona and there is a fan in the very rear

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Kia Sedona and there is a fan in the very rear running when engine is on, its behind a panel. I do not know what this is and if I should get car looked at?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Is the fan noise coming from behind a panel on the rear, passenger's side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rear, Drivers side behind panel
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay... After skimming through some diagrams, I'm not quite sure what it is that could be running behind that panel. Let me opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may be able to better assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sit tight one second... someone will be right with you!

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Different expert here.
Is this a LHD or RHD vehicle?
I need the 17 digit VIN number to pull the schematics for your vehile.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is RHD
VIN No - KNEUP751356657191
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, that is the blower fan for the rear climate control. It is located in the right rear 1/4 panel behind the trim panel.
If it is running all the time, even with the rear ac/heater controls turned off, then this does need to be inspected. Either a relay or the controller is sticking and preventing it from shutting off when the rear climate control is turned off
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks