Kia

Kia Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic

Kia

Front passenger side marker light rear tail light on

Customer Question
passenger side wont work but...
Front passenger side marker light rear tail light on passenger side wont work but work for turn signal brake light and when you push the button On the key bob driver side is fine all bulbs are fine ... Fuse??...relay??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Kia
9/3/2015
Kia Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician  replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The parking light on the left and right side are power through the IPM (Intelligent intergrated Platform Module) on separate circuits and if your right side is working correctly then problem is most likely with the IPM or the wiring connection to it. In order to determine if its the module you need to check and see if you have park light power out of the module on pins 11 and 12 (green wire). See the wiring diagram for reference in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Tail%20lamp%20circuit%20Sept%203.pdf

I am having trouble finding these wires to be able to test them and if I were able to test them and there's no power will this ipm unit have to be replaced?? Are they in one of the plugs on front of the ipm???

Ys if you have no power out of them the lights on then that means the IPM will need to be replaced. The wires are in the connector coming out of the IPM just as shown in the diagram.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician