sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1998 kia engine, and the engine runs, but not much

Customer Question

I have a 1998 kia engine, and the engine runs, but not much power, thinking of getting a rebuilt or used engine, so I will have one to rebuild myself, and have an available engine in the future, as I live in the bush of Alaska. what years of kia engine did they make for the sportage that can be exchanged with, or what other brand or kind of vehicles used the same engeine. I see a 2001 engine and am unsure, can you offer some assisstance.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The engine would need to come from a Kia Sportage to be a direct replacement. I'm showing that 1998 through 2002 model year engines would be interchangeable with your 1998 vehicle.